Simple, elegant and delicious, these crostini get any meal off to an excellent start.
Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Crostini
- Mini-bowl attachment for food processor or mini chopper is required
- 4 oz soft goat cheese 125 g
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
- 1⁄4 cup snipped chives 60 mL
- 11⁄2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 22 mL
- 16 crostini
- Preheat broiler
- 1. In mini bowl of food processor fitted with metal blade, process cheese,sun-dried tomatoes, chives and oil until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- 2. Spread each crostini liberally with goat cheese mixture. Place on a baking sheet and broil until browned and melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a platter and serve hot.
- I recommend using whole grain baguette to make crostini. Slice the bread about ½ inch/0.5 cm thick), brush with olive oil on both sides and place under preheated broiler. Toast until golden, turning once, about 2 minutes per side.
- If you prefer, you can serve this spread over whole grain crackers, like those made from brown rice flour or flax seeds.
- If you don’t have a mini bowl for your food processor or a mini chopper, mince the sun-dried tomatoes and chives by hand then mash in a bowl with the cheese and oil until well blended.
- You can buy prepared olive paste at well-stocked supermarkets and specialty stores or make your own.
Judith Finlayson http://judithfinlayson.com/