The combination of soft, sweet mascarpone, slightly astringent Gorgonzola and bittersweet walnuts is quite glorious. Spread this on a plain cracker and enjoy with a glass of robust red wine.
Walnut Dusted Cheese Balls
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese 125 g
- 4 oz Gorgonzola cheese 125 g
- 1 tbsp minced red onion 15 mL
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts 125 mL
- 1. In a food processor fitted with metal blade, process mascarpone, Gorgonzola, red onion and garlic until smoothly blended. Transfer to a cutting board and shape into 4 balls, each about 11⁄2 inches (4 cm) in diameter.
- 2. Spread walnuts on a work surface. Roll balls until well covered. Chill for at least 3 hours or up to 2 days, until nicely firm.
Judith Finlayson https://judithfinlayson.com/