If you have the ingredients on hand, this tasty dip can be ready to serve in about 5 minutes. Serve it with crudités, crackers or pumpernickel rounds for an elegant appetizer at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
Feta and Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Food processor
- 8 oz feta cheese ( 250 g)
- 2 roasted or store-bought red bell peppers, quartered
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1. In food processor fitted with metal blade, process feta, roasted peppers, and hot pepper sauce, if using, until smooth, about 30 seconds, stopping and scraping down sides of the bowl as necessary.
- 2. Transfer to a bowl and serve or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. If refrigerated allow to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
- Makes about 13⁄4 cups (425 mL)
- Use creamy feta cheese (about 26% M.F.). The lower-fat versions produce a drier dip. If your results seem dry, add 1 tsp (5 mL) or so of extra virgin olive oil and pulse.
Judith Finlayson https://judithfinlayson.com/